Freer Family Documents Featured Freer Biographies
Hugo Freer Huguenots
Guest Book Our Officers
Historical Huguenot Street Search Our Genealogy
HHS Gift Shoppe Freer Family Gift Shoppe
Smithsonian Freer Gallery
 

Freer-Low Family

Genealogy Database of the Hugo Freer Family

New Paltz, NY



Welcome to the Freer Family Home Website.

Now with over 16,500 Names in Our online Genealogy

Go directly to Our Family Genealogy Page

Is your family name in our Genealogy Database??



Our Homestead on Huguenot Street, New Paltz,NY





Other Freer Houses of Ulster County NY


Map of Freer Colonial Homes in Ulster and Dutchess



Just North of the Wallkill River on 32 North it was know as Half Moon Farm, began by Jacob Sr. in 1730 and completed by Jacob Jr. in 1765. There is a Freer - Deyo Burial ground to the North across River Road.
On New Salem Road, County Route 25. Built by Gerald Isaac Freer in 1826. The initials G. I. F. are carved into the lintel above the front door
On New Salem Road, County Route 25. During the Revolutionary War, when the British burned Kingston in 1777, this house was not harmed because it was obscured by a dense growth of trees. In later years, John Freer lived here. He ran the gristmill, operated a ferry to Eddyville across the Rondout Creek, and was Freerville’s first mayor. Current Owner is John Zerbo who has lived there since 1996.
On Route 32 north. Built by Hugo Freer, Jr. in the late 1700’s There were five stone houses built by Freers in what was known as Bontecoe and Half Moon. The names of Jacob, Jacob, Jr., Hugo, Jr., Hugo III, and Abraham are associated with these houses. These houses are still, for the most part, inhabited, and some have been extensively renovated. If you’re driving by, be careful about slowing down, as the roads are narrow and drivers fast.
Located On Route 32 South just before the Terwilliger House. Built by Johannes Freer, Jr.
On Brookside Road in New Paltz – built by Joseph Freer in 1776. Freer family members occupied this house until 1945. This was one of the first stone house to be built on the 1200 acre patent obtained by Hugo, Sr. and his sons Hugo Jr., Simon and Isaac in 1715. Later generations purchased additional farms adjoining the original patent.

^ back to top ^



Powered by WebRing.